Monday, November 7, 2011

Post-surgery knees - Part 7

I'm continuing to improve here and there, though I need to get out walking more.

I mentioned my being able to walk into the local grocery store. My ability to have longer shopping times have improved.

There's also an area in front of this building next to me that I've walked around to see how many laps I can make. Since the surgery, I can do just one lap easy, compared to barely shortly after the surgery. I just did two laps. Now to try doing more. I'm hoping to get to three or four by summertime.

We had a small flood at our house back in early September, and I was able to pull up part of the carpet with some help before someone came by and said we could stop. The cleanup service came by later that night. We were able to save some more cash by pulling up the tiles which had 4% Chrysotile. This kind of asbestos comes out of the body more easily than the other kind. The health issues that come up years later come from prolonged exposure. Our exposure time was a few hours, and we only broke about an average of one tile per row. Mopping the floor twice with a strong mixture of bleach and water was a bit tough, but it also cleaned up any remnants of mold and other dirt.

All that work is good for me. Still more work downstairs to do.

No comments: